Stammering Therapy from the Inside offers a comprehensive overview of a range of contemporary stammering therapy approaches. It links theory to practice, with an emphasis on describing the therapy journey and outcomes from the perspectives of both clinicians and clients. This shared reflection will give the reader the opportunity to consider key issues in relation to their own work practice and context. The purpose of this book is to:
- document and share knowledge of established practices in stammering therapy
- broaden the discourse and extend the boundaries of thinking about stammering therapy
- enrich and enhance professional accounts of stammering therapy by including clients as co-authors of therapy knowledge
What they are saying about this book:
...if you are interested in understanding more deeply the multi-layered and individual experience of stammering and the journeys that people undertake in therapy, then this is a very valuable resource.
Read the International Journal of Communication Language Disorders review.
Chapters include exploration of the following therapy approaches:
- Cognitive therapy
- The City Lit integrated approach to stammering therapy
- 1:1 therapy revisited
- Interiorised stammering therapy
- Working with teenagers in groups
- Narrative therapy
- Mindfulness and stammering
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Neurolinguistic programming
- Feelings and stammering
- Stammering, imagework and self-esteem
Published Spring 2013
Price: £34.99 paperback [+postage and packing*]
*We deliver worldwide. The drop down below shows the book price plus P&P.
Please Note: To purchase this title within the USA please visit the Stuttering Therapy website